Due to the success of last year's campaign, the United States Postal Service, USPS, will again
offer a Mobile Barcode Promotion this summer offering a 2% discount to mailers who use a QR
Code or personalized URL on their mail pieces. This is an up-front discount, not a rebate.
For the 2012 campaign, the USPS will be more specific in how participants should incorporate
2D barcodes; additionally, the USPS will emphasize the importance of personalization and
enabling mobile purchasing in order to drive value to consumers.
Here are some of the specifics of this year's promotion:
- The promotion will run from July 1 through August 31, 2012.
- The discount will be 2%, claimed on the mailing statement at time of mailing. No refund process is required.
- Eligible Classes include:
- First class presort and automation letters, cards & flats
- Standard mail letters & flats including non-profit mail
- The mail piece must meet one of two significant content requirements:
- Mobile Commerce...The technology must lead the recipient to a webpage that allows the recipient to purchase a product or service on a mobile device (have a check out feature).
- Mobile Personalization...The technology must lead the recipient to a personalized
- URL which leads to a webpage that is unique to the individual recipient.Websites used for payment of prior purchases or services are not eligible.
Technology isn't slowing down so why should your direct mail? There's no better time than now
to create an interactive opportunity with your customers and SAVE - It's a WIN/WIN!
Please call Genesis Direct, if you need further information on the program or would like to brainstorm about
ideas on how to integrate QR codes into your campaigns. As your full-service marketing
partner, Genesis can manage all the details for you.